Thursday, November 10, 2011
Here at Ginger.io we are all about big data – data that can provide meaningful insights about health symptoms and outcomes. Sai Moturu, our newest team member, joins us as an expert in data science to help us determine those valuable insights that can help you lead a healthier life.
Sai received his PhD in Computer Science from Arizona State University and recently completed a two-year postdoctoral stint at the MIT Media Lab focused on examining how our health and wellness are affected by behavioral factors, which are in turn influenced by the social and contextual environment. Sai will be joining us regularly on this blog to share interesting analytical findings, to comment on the ‘big data analytics’ space, and to share general Ginger.io data trends.
Ginger Bytes about Sai:
- Is a foodie and loves dark chocolate, seafood and gelato
- Is a cinephile and lists Quentin Tarantino among his favorite filmmakers
- Is not particularly fond of ginger as an ingredient in his food but enjoys an Indo-Chinese dish called Ginger Chicken
- Is surprisingly fond of the Boston weather, from the winter snow to the fall colors to the spring bloom
- Is known to break into a Bollywood dance routine when he is particularly upbeat